10 Free Traffic Methods That Still Work Today
If you have a website you need traffic and getting those visitors to your site isn’t always easy. There are a number of ways that you can drive traffic to your website and sometimes it is helpful if you can be a little creative with your traffic generation. Let’s take a look at ten amazing ideas for traffic building.
- Social photo sharing sites are a great way to drive traffic to your website. The most popular photo sharing site is Flickr. The idea is to have your website and Flickr working in unison to draw traffic to your site. Whenever you write a new post on your blog you can add a link to the Flickr website. When you share photos on Flickr you can add good tags to attract members to use your photos. Your site will be working in conjunction with Flickr to bring you traffic.
- Social bookmarking sites are another great option for building traffic. You can make friends with people on social bookmarking sites that share the same interests as the topic of your website. Include a link to your website in your profile information and you can also share your website link. There are a few different social bookmarking sites and they work in different ways and it is recommended to use a variety of these sites. Promoting your site on social bookmarking sites can make your site very popular as long as you don’t spam these sites.
- The next traffic building method is blogging commenting. Find other blogs in the same niche as your website and leave comments. When you use blog commenting you should always make a comment that is relevant to the post topic and be informative. If you don’t leave relevant comments then your comment may be viewed as a spam comment and will be deleted. If your comment is informative then people who read your comment may click on your link and visit your website.
- Forum marketing is our next method for driving traffic. Join forums within your niche and make relevant forum posts. Have a link to your website in your signature so every time that you make a post on the forum you are creating a backlink to your website. Never spam forums or you will soon have your account deleted and your time will be wasted. When you give informative posts then other forum members are more likely to click on the link in your signature and visit your website.
- Add extensions to your site such as a good theme and widgets. There are many additions that you can use to enhance your site and make it interesting. Your visitors are more likely to come back and visit your site again if it is interesting. If your site is boring and doesn’t give good information then you will lose a lot of visitors.
- Use word of mouth marketing by letting your friends know about your website and ask them to spread the word. You can also ask your friends to place a link to your site on their websites if they have a website of their own and by using their visitors and contacts you can increase your own website traffic.
- Contact other websites and ask them to put your website link on their website. You can either offer to pay for a link to be placed on their site or you can offer a link exchange.
- Do some article marketing to build up backlinks to your website and if you write interesting and informative articles then your article readers will click on your link and visit your website.
- Add some podcasts to your site to expand your exposure. People love video and audio so adding some of these to your website will make it more interesting and entice more visitors.
- Submit your blog feed to blog site directories and this will help feed traffic from other sites to your site.
A website needs traffic to be successful but traffic building isn’t just about building traffic but also about giving your visitors what they want when they reach your site. By providing good quality content on your website your visitors are more likely to return.